Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games...

2 posters

Go down

Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games... Empty Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games...

Post by lucinvampire Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:22 pm

So I come across this article a moment ago, and I thought I'll just take a look and see if Nosgoth is on the list and low and behold it is number 75 of the top 100 best selling steam games in Steam history! But that's still not enough players heh.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/the-top-100-bestselling-video-games-in-steam-history-32149

I'm not sure how accurate the site is though and if it can be completely trusted.
lucinvampire
lucinvampire
Admin
Admin

http://www.talesofnosgoth.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games... Empty Re: Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games...

Post by Grisamentum Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Over 2 million downloads & it still got cancelled? That's so annoying. I wonder if we'll ever find out why it got cancelled. I don't believe the low playerbase thing. Maybe it would have taken too long & cost too much to iron out all the bugs & optimize it etc & Squenix thought it wasn't worth it based on how many people were actually spending money on it.
I don't get it, even the crappiest film will be pushed out & milked for what it's worth but a game costing millions will be scrapped & the assets forgotten.
Stupid. Have Squenix got money to burn these days or something?
Grisamentum
Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games... Empty Re: Top 100 Best Selling Steam Games...

Post by lucinvampire Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:13 pm

If it was due to players I think it’d have to be with to do with how much people were spending on it wasn’t enough.

I personally think you hit the nail on the head, I think that the amount of time/money that it probably would cost to fix the game would have been too much time and effort so they were just like meh.

The thing is it was a bloody brilliant game, and like we’ve found there’s nothing quite like it on the market! It’s a shame they couldn’t actually see that. They spent so much money on it and just like you said burnt it away, it couldn't take that much more to fix and keep the servers up surely?

I still think with the right advertisement (anything would be better than what it had) and bug fixes it would have made the money…

…but what am I to know, I’m just a fan.
lucinvampire
lucinvampire
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:35 pm

They went about it totally the wrong way, imo. It shouldn't have been f2p & it should not have been early access either. I remember being disgusted by it when it was first revealed - every class covered in a million belts & buckles & fancy ornate armour, (a staple of Squenix games) everything over-saturated & colourful & no 3 claws + 2 toes on the vampires. But by the time it was cancelled it looked amazing. If the reveal trailer had summoners & deceivers & evolved skins & beastmaster & prophet & the silenced cathedral & the crucible I would've been totally into it.

They put off alot of LOK fans by showing it too early, imo.
And the advertising amounted to paying youtubers to play it &...what else? I read people saying they had only heard of it once it was cancelled & they were long time LOK fans.

:/
Grisamentum
Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by lucinvampire Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Yeah I completely agree with you there, it should never have been free to play, and it didn’t look LoK like when it first started just a generic vampire vs humans game but yeah by the end it started to have the bits fans actually wanted in it.

I also agree the advertisement sucked, who cares what a few Youtubers play/think, it might have been different if they continued to play it rather than just once which they were paid for but none of them did and no one learned this wasn’t working!

I don’t know why anyone didn’t listen/learn. It wasn’t like the fans were telling them what was wrong and how to fix it and make it popular – no not at all heh.
lucinvampire
lucinvampire
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum