Raves of the Arena [text]

Go down

Raves of the Arena [text] Empty Raves of the Arena [text]

Post by Mr Hix Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 pm

First part of a three parter concerning a Gladiator in the Arena's loyalty to the Vampires.

To hear them scream his name was all he ever thought he may want in this world.
"RAVES, RAVES, RAVES..."
He felt invincible out there, in the arena, surrounded by weaker men and women. Those who had turned against their masters and tried to usurp the Clans Divine Rule.
One squirmed, and he stalked towards them, the crowd still chanting, they had a natural thirst for blood that would be sated soon but they also had another need, a need to see the slaughter. A need to hear the bones crack and feel the earth grow damp with blood.
There would be plenty left when he was done. Chest heaving with every breath he raised his great mace up and cried out to his masters to hear.
"FOR KAIN, FOR JUSTICE!"
Bringing his heavy weapon down the traitors skull cracked like a birds egg, sending chunks and brain matter all over his sandals and the dirt about them, already it seemed to be glowing in the torchlight of the great brassers that lit the arena proper.
The crowd gave out more shouts and he raised his arms up in pride. They cheered him, for his prowess, his vigor and devotion. In the arena, Raves was your preacher and he preached the truth of blood. You either accepted it or he spilled yours.
The Vampires that adorned the crowd sometimes took him, to feed on the might of his blood but the arena owner, Varlok, would never allow more than a taste. More might weaken Raves and that would not do for the following nights entertainment.

The speaker called for quiet and the crowd obliged her.

"BEHOLD RAVES, GREATEST OF GLADIATORS AND LORD OF EXECUTIONERS. ONCE MORE HE HAS RID US OF THE RABID DOGS THAT DARE SEEK TO PIT THEIR FEEBLE BODIES AGAINST US. NOW, LET US CHEER HIM OUT AS HE TAKES HIS REST AND PREPARES FOR TOMORROW NIGHTS GAMES!"

That was his cue to leave, the bigger fights were to come, Vampires and sometimes great beasts from the wilderness and, Raves suspected, still darker things his Human eyes would be better off not seeing. He waved and smiled beneath his helmet as he approached the gates, they opened at his passing, he did not even need to break pace and he was gone. Almost as soon as was his helmet, a great heavy thing with a monstrous mouth for a visor.
His lackey took it and his mace with an eager smile.

"By the Blood Raves you really outdone yourself tonight."
Raves smiled back at the boy. 
"Thank you Bryce, but it wasn't anything special."
"Oh no, you really did, it was glorious out there, you're an artist of death."
"You flatter me, the glory is not mine though, All Blood Flows to Kain."
Raves began to undo his arm guard at the shoulder and then his grieves while Bryce took on a contrite look and hastily mumbled.
"All Blood Flows to Kain."
Plucking up his courage though the young man added.
"I only meant that it's a pleasure to see you do away with them, the Rabid I mean. Such a waste, such a sin."
Raves bundled up his armour and piled it onto the helm and weapon Bryce already held, the weight almost toppled the boy.
"They realize the truth sooner or later. I'm just here to offer enlightenment."
"You have a poets tongue, as ever."
The two looked about and saw from the shadows a lithe and deadly stalker. Raves knew her immediately and signalled his allegiance with a quick salute, Bryce simply stood aside and lowered his head unable to do more encumbered as he was.
"Lady Zreena. I had not expected you tonight, to what do I owe the honour?"
The lanky Vampire, adorned with silk trappings and elaborate, decorative chains seemed to dance her way towards him like a puppet.
"Do I need a reason to see one of the biggest celebrities our arena has to offer?"
Her voice came with a mocking laugh in it and she slinked a clawed hand over Raves chest to feel the heat and sweat from him.
"It is ever good to see you too Lady Zreena. Yet should Varlock see you here he will not be..."
Her hand went to his short hair and stroked his head, a motion that seemed to make Bryce shudder.
"Oh Varlock, he's busy upstairs with his new toy. Some pretty thing I picked out for him. I have you for a time yet."
At this she moved in on him and bent to whisper in his ear.
"Don't you want to see your toy too?"
The promise was a welcome one. He knew Lady Zreena only visited to give him women for the night, they were quickly ushered out in the morning but tonight he wondered at the secrecy of her actions. Varlock was usually not paid in anything other than coin.
"I do indeed. Lead on My Lady."
A curt bow and they were off, her long, angular arms linked in his that almost bulged with muscle. She tentatively stroked it as they walked to his cell.
"You left her inside?"
A smile and a nod was all he got from the Vampire.
"You spoil me."
With a brief chuckle he entered the small room that was his quarters. Leaving the tall vampire outside in the torchlight of the hallway.
In her own way The Lady Zreena loved Raves, his passion and devotion thrilled her. The only thing there was to do now was leave and possess the girl in Raves Cell, that she might enjoy him again and again throughout the night.
Mr Hix
Mr Hix

https://www.instagram.com/frankatronx/

Back to top Go down