Map Questions

3 posters

Go down

Map Questions Empty Map Questions

Post by Grisamentum Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:04 am

I was wondering if anyone knew what the burning village you could see in Freeport was. The one off in the mountains if you flew over the wall at the back of the map in Noscam. I assume it was to the northeast. Provance & Ziegstuhrhl are both too far away & Provance isn't on fire either.
Also, what is the walled city in the sea & those towers? The lore post about Freeport talks about it like it's a large city, not just the shanty town we see in-game.
Was the walled citadel the actual city or was it that settlement up the coast?

Anyone have any ideas?
Grisamentum
Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Map Questions Empty Re: Map Questions

Post by lucinvampire Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:06 pm

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that the burning town was supposed to be Valeholm, as I say not sure if that's true or not though!

Do you have a screenshot of the walled city? If so please could you post it, I think I know the one you mean but just curious.
lucinvampire
lucinvampire
Admin
Admin

http://www.talesofnosgoth.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Map Questions ScreenHunter_14+Jul.+20+12.18

That thing with the two white columns behind the crane just off centre.

Valeholm? Ok...that's even further than Provance, though & there are two mountain ranges in the way. It looks so close here :

Map Questions YtVE0IN

I wonder who built those ancient, ruined structures. Do you think it would be humans or blue ancients?
Do you have any idea how big Nosgoth is meant to be in square kilometres, btw? Either the whole land mass or the playable area in BO1? It seems quite big in BO but in SR everything is so squashed together - the pillars being just a short walk from the Lake Of The Dead, for example.

Edit : Going by this map Valeholm is in the north east :

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/f/fd/Nosgoth-Location-Map-SommerdammMarked.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131216193244

But on The Hylden's site on this map it's to the east of Freeport which would make more sense :

http://hylden-dimension.net/wp-content/grand-media/image/map_Nosgoth_province-borders.jpg
Grisamentum
Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by lucinvampire Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:43 pm

I have to apologise as I've had chance to research into this a little more today, as I couldn't remember yesterday who made the post reference about the burning village in the mountains being Valeholm was, it turns out looking into it more today that information was not confirmed by the devs, it was actually fan speculation. My apologies. If I would have had more time yesterday I would have checked the facts before posting.
lucinvampire
lucinvampire
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:16 pm

It's ok, it's believable that it could be Valeholm. I guess that first map I linked is wrong. The lore post about Provance mentions Valeholm, saying " Provance presents a small defendable enclave nestled directly between the Vampire controlled Pillars of Nosgoth and Nachtholm on the one side, and the Human cities of Freeport, Meridian and Valeholm on the other".

So it can't be far in the north like that sepia toned map shows.
Any idea about the other stuff I mentioned?
Grisamentum
Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by lucinvampire Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:57 pm

See I definitely think it isn't meant to be Valeholm after spending time looking into it more. The developers never confirmed it so was just a fans thought, and looking at the map locations there's too much land/mountain rangers in between for it to be.

Yeah sadly it’s the same deal about the fort and the burning village on the coastline, there was nothing confirmed by developers stating what these locations were or their names. It does look like fort could be Ancient but I’m inclined to believe it is Human, its design kind of reminds me of Meridian so the fort could have been built in a similar era, and it to me it looks too clean to be Ancient .

There has sadly never been anything official confirmed about the size of Nosgoth, though a lot of people have speculated the known area to be the size of Europe, keep in mind there have been other places mentioned to exist beyond the sea and no doubt there is more beyond the mountains in the North. Yeah if we took it that it was the size in game it’d probably be just the size of a modern earth city like London.

I would keep in mind the second map the one on The Hyldens site, was never deemed as official, the other one shared on SE site was produced by SE and therefore I would always choose to go with the SE one first over the Council created one, even though of course the fans involved are lore experts and spent ages working locations out.

I should be hopefully uploading a larger version of the official map with the locations marked on tonight’s site update.
lucinvampire
lucinvampire
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ygdrasel Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:16 am

Nothing official on it but I always thought the fort was Sommerdamm in the distance. It is fairly close to Freeport.
Ygdrasel
Ygdrasel

Back to top Go down

Post by Grisamentum Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:37 am

It's miles away on the map & shouldn't be visible at all but you never know. Maybe Psyonix intended it to be Sommerdamm.
Grisamentum
Grisamentum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum